Black Bear hunting
Gun, Bow, or Crossbow
Bears are plentiful here and our fall black bear hunts have been a huge success. We have a large bear management area that no other outfitters use. We will put you on a fresh hunting site that has been monitored with trail cameras during the pre-baiting period. A second site will be available to you, if needed. Our sites are easily accessed by boat. Our guides will help you with initial set up and direction, tracking, field dressing, retrieval, skinning, and butchering. Spend some time fishing too.
Bear Hunt – Gun or Bow – Housekeeping Plan
- For 2022, $1990 USD per person, plus tax, with up to 10 gallons of boat gas, per person, included. Add $8.75 to the base price for each additional gallon of boat gas used. Arrive on Saturday morning, depart the following Friday morning by 11 am. No early arrivals or late departures.
- Minimum non-refundable deposit: $500.00 USD per person. Personal checks are accepted for deposits only, payable to Williams Lake Lodge. Final payment is due at departure in U.S. cash, traveler’s checks, cashier’s check, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. If paying by credit card, a 5% processing fee will be added to your bill. We do not accept debit cards.
- Includes cabin with all gear described in our main camp fishing package.
- Includes an 18′ Crestliner Kodiak boat and 40 HP motor described in our main camp fishing package.
- Includes bear hunting license and an 8 day conservation fishing license. Bear export permit is not included. Ontario Hunting Outdoors Card is not included. It is needed to get licenses. If you have one, be sure to bring it, even if expired. Outdoors Card and other licenses are available at cost.
- Fall, 6 day hunts. Williams Lake and Lac Seul area. Water access sites.
- We pre-bait at least two sites for each hunter and guarantee you an active site.
- Bring your own stand and safety tether. Do some fishing too.
- Guests are responsible for all physical damage to equipment.
2022 Hunt Dates
- August 20 to August 26
- August 27 to September 2
Extra Things To Bring If You Are Bear Hunting
- Previous or current gun hunting license (not bow, even if you are only bow hunting) from your home state or a valid Hunting Ontario Outdoors Card. We must see one of these before we can issue you your Ontario hunting license.
- Firearm of your choice: gun, bow, or crossbow in a case.
- One or two portable stands.
- Blaze orange vest or jacket and hat to be worn to and from stands. Camo blaze orange is not accepted.
- Bug jacket and hat. Bring a Thermacell if you have one.
- Cooler large enough to take quartered meat and hide home.
- Click here for Ontario Ministy of Natural Resources Hunting Regulations. Click her for Regulations Specific to Bear Hunting.
- Click here for the Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form that you will need in order to bring a gun into Canada. It is a fillable PDF form. Fill out and print three copies ahead of time, but don’t sign it until you show it to the border crossing guard. This form is for 8.5×14 inch paper, so either use that size paper or, if using 8.5×11 inch paper, set your printer page scaling to “fit to printable area”. Each hunter must have his own form. There will be a $25 charge, payable at the border. If you try to bring a firearm across the border without declaring it, it will be confiscated.
- Hand guns are not allowed in Canada. Don’t even think about it.